We are happy to have Tobias Knaup and Jörg Schad from Mesosphere joining us for a Kubernetes workshop!
- Prerequisites: Some knowledge of the Kubernetes and Mesosphere DC/OS ecosystem is helpful, but not required. Each participant should bring their own laptop with some way of sshing into a remote linux system.
Kubernetes One-Click Deployment: Hands-on Workshop Kubernetes has been one of the topics in 2017 and will probably remain so in 2018. In this hands-on technical workshop you will learn how best to deploy, operate, and scale Kubernetes clusters from one to hundreds of nodes using DC/OS. You will learn how to integrate and run Kubernetes alongside traditional applications and fast data services of your choice (e.g. Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, TensorFlow, and more) on any infrastructure. This workshop best suits operators focussed on keeping their apps and services up and running in production and developers focussed on quickly delivering internal and customer facing apps into production.
You will learn how to:
- Introduction to Kubernetes and DC/OS (including the differences between both)
- Deploy Kubernetes on DC/OS in a secure, highly available, and fault-tolerant manner
- Solve operational challenges of running a large/multiple Kubernetes cluster
- One-click deploy big data stateful and stateless services alongside a Kubernetes cluster
In addition to learning about how to scale Kubernetes, you’ll also get a chance to provide feedback and influence the product direction of Mesosphere DC/OS. Kubernetes on DC/OS is currently in beta form and we look forward to receiving your feedback to influence future development. About Tobi: Tobi Knaup is the CTO and Co-Founder of Mesosphere, a startup that brings enterprises the power of cloud native technologies, with the control to run on any infrastructure - datacenter or cloud. He was one of the first engineers and tech lead at Airbnb. At Airbnb, he wrote large parts of the infrastructure including the search and fraud prediction services. He helped scale the site to millions of users and build a world class engineering team. Tobi is the main author of Marathon, Mesosphere’s container orchestrator. About Jörg: Jörg is a Technical Lead for Community Projects at Mesosphere in San Francisco. In his previous life he implemented distributed and in memory databases and conducted research in the Hadoop and Cloud area. His speaking experience includes various Meetups, international conferences, and lecture halls.