DC/OS 1.10.0 Release Candidate 1
This release candidate is for testing only and not to be used in production.
- You must upgrade Marathon-LB before upgrading to DC/OS 1.10. See the upgrade section for more information.
- During upgrade to 1.10, there is a brief moment when the DNS resolution does not work. If a health check runs at that moment, it will fail and services will be reported as unhealthy.
Please try out the new features and updated data services. Provide any feedback through Jira: https://jira.dcos.io
DC/OS 1.10 includes many new capabilities for Operators and expands the collection of Data & Developer Services with a focus on:
- Core DC/OS Service Continuity - System resilience, cluster and node checks, UCR and Pods improvements.
- CNI Networking enhancements for broader networking support.
- Data Services enhancements.
New Features and Capabilities
Apache Mesos 1.4 and Marathon 1.5 Integrated.
DC/OS 1.10 is is based on Mesos 1.4.0, here using master branch (pre-release) SHA 013f7e21, with over 1200 commits since the previous Mesos version. View the changelog.
DC/OS 1.10 is integrated with the latest release of Marathon, version 1.5. Resulting breaking changes and new features are documented below. For more information about Marathon 1.5, consult the Marathon changelog.
Configurable Spartan upstreams for domains (dnames).
You can now configure Spartan to delegate a particular domain (e.g. "*.foo.company.com") to a particular upstream.
Increased CNI network support.
DC/OS now supports any type of CNI network. View the documentation.
- Node and Cluster health checks.
Write your own custom health checks or use the predefined checks to access and use information about your cluster, including available ports, Mesos agent status, and IP detect script validation. View the documentation.
- Enhanced upgrades with pre/post flight checks.
- Universal Container Runtime (UCR).
Adds port mapping support for containers running on the CNI network. Port mapping support allows UCR to have a default bridge network, similar to Docker's default bridge network. This gives UCR feature parity with Docker Engine enabling use of Mesos Runtime as the default container runtime. View the documentation.
- Scale and performance limits.
The GUI sidebar tabs have been updated to offer a more intuitive experience.
- The "Deployments" subpage under the "Services" tab has been moved to a toggle-able modal in the "Services" page.
- The "Universe" tab has been renamed to "Catalog" and the "Installed" subpage has been removed.
- The "System Overview" tab has been renamed to "Overview".
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- Rolling Configuration Update and Upgrades support via CLI.
- Ability to deploy Data Services into Folders to enable multi team deployments.
- Ability to deploy to CNI-Based Virtual Networks.
The following updated data services packages are also in beta and are compatible with DC/OS 1.10.
Marathon Networking API Changes in 1.5
The networking section of the Marathon API has changed significantly in version 1.5. Marathon can still accept requests using the 1.4 version of the API, but it will always reply with the 1.5 version of the app definition. This will break tools that consume networking-related fields of the service definition. View the documentation.
The latest version of Marathon-LB is required for 1.10.
Before upgrading to 1.10, uninstall your existing Marathon-LB package and reinstall the updated version. See the upgrade section for more information.
REX-Ray configuration change.
DC/OS 1.10 upgrades REX-Ray from v03.3. to v0.9.0 and therefore the REX-Ray configuration format has changed. If you have specified custom REX-Ray configuration in the
REX-Ray_config parameter of your
config.yaml file, change the parameter to
New flow to change the
dcos_url and login.
The new command to change your cluster URL is
dcos cluster setup <dcos_url>. This change will break any existing tooling that uses the former command. Backwards compatibility is slated for a future patch release.
Marathon Jenkins Plugin and Marathon-Client.
Marathon 1.5, released with DCOS 1.10, made breaking changes to the API around Docker and management of networks. This breaking change has not yet been incorporated in the marathon-client, which is used by the marathon jenkins plugin. Marathon client and Marathon Jenkins Plugin will work in general, however they will fail to propagate configurations for networks if working with DCOS 1.10 or Marathon 1.5. A solution will be provided for the DCOS 1.10 GA release.
Known Issues and Limitations
- DCOS-14534 - Marathon: Verbose Server Banner.
- DCOS-14536 - UI Vulnerable to Clickjacking (aka UI Redressing).
- DCOS-15590 - DCOS cli confirm() is not non-interactive safe.
- DCOS-16547 - Task state does not update after the agent running it was removed from the cluster.
- DCOS_OSS-1340 - Spartan "autoip" DNS should resolve to host IP for UCR in bridge network.
- INFINITY-1143 - Update / Uninstall. DSE does not support rolling upgrade.
- MARATHON-7736 - Marathon Client does NOT work with Marathon 1.5.
Major Issues Fixed Since 1.10.0 Beta 2
- Upgrades from DC/OS 1.9 are supported.
- CASSANDRA-613 - Replace of Cassandra Nodes doesn't work with duplicate Hostname/IPs.
- DCOS-5809 - Admin Router: use "variables approach" for DNS name re-resolution instead of periodic worker process reload.
- DCOS-14469 - Pods displaying duplicate image of same container.
- DCOS-14535 - Marathon GUI: Error Messages are Too Verbose.
- DCOS-15937 - Pods do not receive SIGTERM.
- DCOS-16088 - The flow for changing the dcos_url and login has changed.
- DCOS-16225 - Edit modal for SDK services should mention the CLI.
- DCOS-16144 - DC/OS CLI: AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'status_code'.
- DCOS-16151 - Marathon Endpoints are not responding.
- DCOS-16528 - Incorrect command in Edit Service modal.
- DCOS-16564 - UI error message references Marathon command.
- DCOS-17219 - Marathon-LB broken in DC/OS 1.10.
- DCOS-17284 - [1.10] GUI bug: container type must be defined.
- DCOS-17294 - Unable to curl (resolve) applications using Mesos DNS names.
- DCOS-17321 - Fix upgrade of Marathon-lb from 1.9-1.10.
- DCOS-17502 - Marathon cannot retrieve JSON web key set: 'the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty'.
- DCOS-17581 - bootstrap: consolidate write_java_truststore_with_dcos_ca_bundle for concurrent execution.
- DCOS-17979 - Remove "Open Service" from UI for SDK-based Services.
- DCOS-17982 - Remove the suspend button for SDK services.
- DCOS_OSS-1014 - Admin Router: Document /service endpoint behaviour and limitations.
- DCOS_OSS-1398 - Instructions for forcing
dcos-docker to use docker 1.13.1 are incorrect.
- DCOS_OSS-1470 - Exhibitor: use PatternLayoutEscaped logger layout for structured journal logger.
- DCOS_OSS-1486 - Metrics agent crashes when the mesos containers endpoint is missing fields.
- DCOS_OSS-1524 -
dcos-diagnostics --diag returns false positives during DC/OS install.
- INFINITY-1912 - Update CLI to reflect Cosmos update fixes.
- INFINITY-1988 - Suppress/revive out of sync with Mesos.
- INFINITY-2114 - Flaky Uninstall.
- INFINITY-2115 - Kibana will not uninstall.
- MARATHON-7469 - Marathon killed tasks involved in Deployment after leader election.
- MARATHON-7521 - Histograms, counters, min-max-counters, and timers are duplicated in /metrics.
- MARATHON-7574 - MetricsTimerTest fails 2% of the time.
- MARATHON-7575 - DeleteAppAndBackupIntegrationTest fails 3% of the time.
- MARATHON-7654 - Marathon cannot replace persistent tasks for rebooted hosts until the Mesos Master forgets about the old agent.
- MARATHON-7688 - VIP does not work with pods on overlay.
- MESOS-6950 - Launching two tasks with the same Docker image simultaneously may cause a staging dir never cleaned up.